We are happy to bring you GCompris 0.90.
This new version contains 8 new activities:
- A calendar activity where the child learns how to use it (by Amit Sagtani)
- Another activity based on calendar where the child has to find the date corresponding to a date + some days after/before this date (by Amit Sagtani))
- An activity to learn how people on a family are related and how to call this relation (started by Rajdeep Kaur on a previous GSoC, completed by Rudra Nil Basu during last GSoC)
- Another similar activity with questions about family members
- An extension of memory activities where the child has to match lowercase letters with their corresponding uppercase (by Aman Gupta)
- The same activity in two players mode (by Aman Gupta)
- The Gtk+ port and improved submarine activity where the child learns a basic overview on how to run a submarine (by Rudra Nil Basu)
- The digital electricity activity where the child can use different components to create an electric schema. There is also a tutorial mode to explain how to use each component (started by Pulkit Gupta on previous GSoC, completed by Rudra Nil Basu)
We always have new features, content and bug fixes:
- Updated graphics on several activities by Timothée Giet
- Irish translation, voices and datasets by Séamus Ó Briain
- Lot of improvements on removing overriding elements issues (score were hidden behind the bar…)
- Add Tutorial item to be able to have activity introductions with both images and texts
- Add easy mode in letter in word with less words displayed
- Add license page
- Lots of small bug fixes
You can find this new version on the download page.
On the translation side, we have 14 languages fully supported: British English, Catalan, Catalan (Valencian), Chinese Traditional , Dutch, French, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian;
And some partially supported: Belarusian (87%), Brazilian Portuguese (87%), Breton (65%), Chinese Simplified (80%), Estonian (79%), Finnish (78%), Galician(87%), German (83%), Hindi (86%), Irish Gaelic (99%), Norwegian Nynorsk (86%), Russian (80%), Slovak (76%), Slovenian (70%), Polish (99%), Turkish (93%).
If you want to help, please make some posts in your community about GCompris and don’t hesitate to give feedbacks.
Thank you all,
Timothée & Johnny